ABN Spring 2017 Business Networking event
May 9, 2017 @ 6.30-10pm at Nubar Restaurant
Armenian Business Network presenting
The HALO Trust - Safe Steps for the People of Karabakh Initiative - Mine free Artsakh by 2020.
Presenter: Mr. Raffi Festekjian
Please join us Tuesday, May 9, 2017 @ 6:30pm at the Sheraton Commander's Nubar in Cambridge, MA for the ABN Spring Business Networking Event and Speaker Presentation with Mr. Raffi Festekjian presenting The HALO Trust - "Safe Steps for the People of Karabakh - De-mining and its positive effects and impact on economic development in Artsakh".
Mr. Raffi Festekjian, the Co-chair and spokesperson of The HALO Trust, Safe Steps campaign will be presenting the benefits of a landmine free Artsakh and how ABN and like organizations can collaborate and support to benefit and make a positive economic impact on the region for generations to come. The HALO Trust is a non-profit organization based in the UK, dedicated to clearing landmines around the globe. The organization was made famous by Princess Diana in the 90's when she took a walk through the mine fields in Angola.
Since 2000, HALO has been de-mining in Nagorno Karabakh (NK) and to-date has removed 90% of the mines in the region. In addition, The HALO Trust serves as one of the largest employers in Artsakh. "The Safe Steps for the People of Karabakh" initiative is an effort to clear the last, remaining 10% of deadly landmines in the region.
Mr. Festekjian has spearheaded numerous philanthropic efforts in support of Armenian interests, ranging from the arts to economic development including, the Raffi & Nina Festekjian Foundation, and the YerazArt Foundation. Additionally, Mr. Festekjian has served as chair of the Armenia Fund and most recently has been a board member of the National Competitiveness Foundation of Armenia (NCFA).
The presentation will be followed by a networking event at Nubar Restaurant at the Sheraton Commander.
As always this event is free of charge with complimentary appetizers and a cash bar. Special valet parking rate is $10, with validation stamp at Nubar. Please feel free to bring your business cards and business collateral for display.
We are grateful to The HALO Trust, Michael Guleserian, and Richard Mann and the entire Staff at the Sheraton and Nubar Restaurant, for sponsoring ABN's Spring Networking Event.
We look forward to seeing you all on May 9 for this informative presentation and productive networking event. Space is limited to 100 attendees, so RSVP early to ArmenianBusinessNetwork@gmail.com by May 5th and include your name and industry.
6:30pm – Registration
7pm – Presentation: "De-mining and its positive effects and impact on economic development in Artsakh".
8:00pm Networking at Nubar Restaurant
If you are unable to attend but would like to support Safe Steps for the People of Karabakh, you can make a tax-deductible donation here.
Your contributions are greatly appreciated!
We Look Forward To Seeing You!